permaculture - Sustainable Urban Food Systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "SEED PEACE" <seedpeace@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Sustainable Urban Food Systems
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:44:31 -0800

Greetings,

Does anybody have some good leads for national/international projects of urban agriculture and sustainable urban food systems?
I am doing my Master of City Planning thesis at UC Berkeley on the subject, and most immediately, I am writing a term paper surveying good examples of sustainable urban food systems to reinforce, substantiate and direct Berkeley's recently established Food and Nutrition Policy (which is good in writing, but has little substance as far as action goes). I am looking for specific case studies, hopefully with lots of photos, graphs, statistics, etc. Thanks for helping to make Berkeley's food system a success...

Best regards,
Marco Barrantes
marco@urbangardens.org