permaculture - Re: grey water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sustainableearth.steve" <sustainableearth.steve@verizon.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: grey water
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:16:10 -0500

Tammi,
Grey water will become anaerobic and turn to black water when stored.
Instead, grey water should be circulated through plant beds as it is
generated. A small amount of Ecover should have no effect on plants -- it
consists mainly of surfactants which will disperse clay aggregates, but are
so diluted by the water that they should have no noticeable effect. The
organic matter from the dishes will be attacked by microbes and degraded
rapidly.
Steve

Steve Bonney
Sustainable Earth, a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the
development of sustainable food and farming systems
100 Georgton Ct.
W. Lafayette, IN 47906
(765) 463-9366