permaculture - Re: Herb Spirals was Re: Just a few holes in the Permaculture suit?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Herb Spirals was Re: Just a few holes in the Permaculture suit?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:15:46 -0500

We made an herb spiral during our first permaculture course here at Dreamtime
&
because we didn't keep it weeded & maintained, it became quickly overgrown &
is
largely burdock & blackcaps now & is thoroughly unnavigatible. This also
happened to
a large medicine circle (I believe similar to what is being called a mandala
garden)
which was created in an area that is not used on a daily basis & it to has
gone wild
& most of the original planting have been superimposed by the more aggressive
local
"weeds."

mIEKAL aND
dreamtime village

It's not exactly low maintainance either, requiring quite a bit of weeding