permaculture - Translation resources for permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Naomi & Rick Coleman" <peds@tpg.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Translation resources for permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:00:56 +1000

Hola Antonio,

As mentioned by others, the Introduction to Permaculture translation is not
a very good one in that the chapters are not organised as in the original,
and the spanish itself is said to be very poor. It is still a useful
resource if you know these factors and deal with them.

Zanjas is the word we use for swales when teaching in Spanish.

The Introduction to pc is available from Scott and Arina Pitman (though they
may not have any more copies left, they are on this listserve)
also from Rodale Institute ribooks@fast.net in the USA

If you get stuck on any terms, we have a great translator in Mexico who has
done lots of permaculture translation work both written and verbal. Contact
us off list for his details.

Naomi and Rick Coleman
Southern Cross Permaculture Institute
Victoria Australia