permaculture - Re: Deer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kevin Topek" <ktopek@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Deer
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:35:48 -0400

Try placing very inexpensive air fresheners around the perimeter of your
garden. Open the mechanism all the way to allow for maximum smell. The solid
Renuzits for less than $1 US are the best. The deer don't like the smell and
will shy away from it. The area will smell like a very fresh bathroom, yuk,
but you will have much less deer traffic and no one is harmed. This method
has worked very well in high density deer areas in Texas and North Carolina,
USA. Best of luck!

Kevin