permaculture - Re: garlic- Fall planting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Krettler Family <krettlerfamily@bctonline.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: garlic- Fall planting
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:22:58 -0700

Another bit of information: The bulbs will usually be bigger if you plant
your cloves
in the fall. In Oregon we get it in the ground before mid November. Before
the end
of October is better. Garlic is tough and will over winter even in very harsh
climates. Filaree farm in Okanogan, Washington sells over 100 varieties of
garlic and
they have winters that can get below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

Again,
Karen Krettler