permaculture - Re: water catchment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: water catchment
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:16:28 -0400

Hi Bob,

There's a manufacturer of Water tanks in Cananda ( Ontario I believe) called
diverseplastics.com

They sell all kinds of water tanks at good prices. ( I'm looking to buy a a
tank for greywater and a narrow 300 gallon jobbie that'll fit through my
doorway and down into my basement for drinking water)

Unless you're going to put the tank inside, you'll need to bury it good and
deep in your neck of the woods to avoid freezing.

Think about where you'll place the tank to get the benefits of gravity.

I'm presuming you're intersted in storing drinking water.

If it's for gardening purposes, 55 gallon drums will work just find and
remember that the cheapest/easiest/best water storage is the ground itself,
followed by mulching, so factor that in to your earthworks.

It's not how much rain falls, but how much stays.