permaculture - Cranberry Help ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Cranberry Help ?
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 20:21:45 -0500

>> How does your area do on wild rice or cranberries?
> Both are established crops in Oregon. I don't feel prepared to deal with the
> weed situation for more than a home patch with cranberries.

What do you mean about "the weed situation" with cranberries ?

I'm investigating putting in a ring dam and was thinking of using the
watery space created by this structure for cranberries.

Also,I know cranberries like it real acid, but was wondering how neutral a
P.H you could get away with and was also wondering if anyone knew how much
of a flow the water medium they are grwon in requires ?

Thanks in advance

Claude in Brrmont !

  • Cranberry Help ?, Claude Genest, 01/09/2001