permaculture - Advice on visiting Permaculture sites in Australia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeremy Acton and/or Lisa Kriel <neweden@mweb.co.za>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Advice on visiting Permaculture sites in Australia
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:12:26 +0200

Hi, Jeremy and I are planning a visit to Australia next year. Our primary
purpose is to attend the Global Green Conference in Canberra in April as
part of the South African green delegation. But because it is so much
travelling time and so expensive to get there, I am trying to organise leave
(some unpaid) so that we can spend six weeks in Australia and New Zealand (I
have family in NZ). One of our primary interests is to see Permaculture
sites.

What is a good way to go about this? One thing we are considering is
WWOOFFing part of the time we are over there, spending three or four days
each in two or three different locations.

Also where (which locations) should we go? (Tasmania seems an obvious
choice)

Thanks in advance
Lisa

PS if you wish to reply to us instead of to the discussion list (default
when you hit reply) our address is neweden@mweb.co.za