permaculture - Re: Chemical Residuals

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chemical Residuals
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 02:09:33 -0800

I once read a study from the Bioremediation people at Penn State (if i
remember correctly). The study proved that soaking the most toxic effluents
in a slurry of pureed horseradish rendered them non-toxic. This is just from
memory and the basics are there but the scientific polish is where research
lay.

On another note. Does anyone know of anyone producing/selling/trading wool?
Specifically longish wool with the lanolin still present. Does not have to
be clean wool.

Thank you,
Yaya Balinci