permaculture - Re: In the desert

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: In the desert
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:34:01 -0600

on 9/14/00 9:50 PM, askpv at askpv@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> I have an orange orchard in the desert in Baja, California, Mexico .. near
> the Tropic of Cancer.

> Could you help find me some contacts ?

> Linda E F Clark

Two people in Baja (at least part of the time) are Jerome Osentowski (last I
knew he was at <permacul@rof.net> contact me if that doesn't work) and
Gabriel Howearth (he works for Seeds of Change; I have no contact for him
but try seedsofchange.com and email them) They are both amazing and busy
guys with sites near Cabo. Gabriel has a botanial garden called La Fortuna
that explores some of Alan Kapuler's evolution-based kinship gardening
concepts. You couldn't find wiser, more experienced guides to Pc and
gardening in the region.

I'll check with my friends in Tucson--a big Pc scene there--to see if anyone
can help.

Toby