permaculture - Re: Plants For A Future database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Barry & Margarita <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Plants For A Future database
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:47:39 -0400

Lee Flier wrote:
> Larry wrote:
> >The above could be gleaned off the web as a PHP, Perl
> >or Javascript utility and easily installed. Do you know of other
> >applicatins that could be used?
> I use JavaScript on a regular basis and Perl every now and then. My server
> based code is generally done with Active Server Pages - thus the need for an
> NT. But I already have ASP code that could be modified easily to serve
> these purposes.

Just a note: unfortunately, javascript gives Netscape (most
later versions) fits and eventually ties up all available
resources until the system crashes. Since a lot of folks (myself
included) still use Netscape over IE, you still run the risk that
the material can't or won't be accessed by 50% of the users.
--
Please note and remove the spamblock "faux." from my reply-to
address above in order to send a reply. I use it to block some