permaculture - Re: re-presenting other people's web pages.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: 1Earth Permaculture <permaculture@start.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: re-presenting other people's web pages.
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:54:46 +1000

Thank you April,

April wrote:

>did you get plants for a future's permission to re-represent their
site?

>I think you need a few tips of netiquette (net ettiquette) it is
>illegal to re-banner a web page without permission, even if you
>site it as so. I presume you got their permission?
>April

April,
My web site has been in operation over two years now and have posted
its existance on this list a few times. We have been "the Australian
mirror site for the great database Plants for a Future" as clearly
stated on the lead in page, and of course we worked closely with them
to make this resource available.

April wrote:

>copyright on rainbow snake design
>
>Hello from April (Head at Permaculture Visions)
>
>great web page, however, I do want to point out that unless you own
>the rainbow snake design you should take it off immediately,
>this is copyrighted and the hassle for us on the web is that many
people >steal each others work, so lets lead by example and respect
copyright.

>I've been on the web for 5 years now and seen a lot of comings and
goings
>and a LOT of hurt over copyright.
>hope you do well in your work,
>all the best.
>April

April, please don't accuse me of stealing or not treating others with
respect. As you can see in the thread on "logo symbolism" the issue
of copyright is being discussed sensibly and with utmost respect for
the ownership of the copyright. That's why I started the thread!

As for the points that you raise in the posting below, Plants for a
Future is also mirrored in the States, and provides the database to
another audience.

April, please don't bombard me with irrate emails and false
accusations.

regards,

Marcus

Original message from: "askpv" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>