permaculture - re-presenting other people's web pages.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "askpv" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "Permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "Permacul" <permacul@tm.net.my>
  • Subject: re-presenting other people's web pages.
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:37:55 +1000

I found Plants for a Future being re-presented on a new web page.
at first i thought, GREAT, some new, additional resources for people,
but no, it was good old Plants for a Future, which has been running without
asking for any financial assistance for years, they are one of the first
pages to help permaculture people on the net!!

It is illegal and unethical to re-present someone else's web pages.
I have had this happen to my page many times over
and i hate to see it happen amongst permaculture pages.
what is wrong with a simple link?
who wants to get the same info as another page anyway.
we surf the net, we plan to catch another wave, not the same one.

working on the net can build frustration for permaculture people,
those of us who spend years and build up a site shouldn't be
exploited by quick web-builders. lets not force more good sites
to be abandoned by their owners.
most people ask for nothing in return so lets at least give them a decent
link, recognising their index page!!!

April
Permaculture Visions International.
Students and graduates in 19 countries
(Australia, Canada, NZ, USA, France, Malaysia, Brazil, India, UK,
Jerusalem, Israel, Ireland, Africa, Thailand, Japan, Portugal, Tonga, Papua
New Guinea, Hong Kong.)
Exclusive Student and Graduate Mailing list
Commercial and Private Permaculture System Design
ISO 14000
<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv>
<mailto:askpv@ozemail.com.au>
ICQ#46214191