permaculture - Re: permaculture digest: June 27, 2000

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture digest: June 27, 2000
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 00 14:57:17 -0700

>Don't know why we can't begin to map out strategies that fit for specific
>climates/areas.
Well, it has been in progress everywhere where people are doing permaculture.
And people who facilitate design courses teach these techniques, more so of
course, in pdc's that are region-centered.

LL wrote...
>No intention of reinvening the wheel with this=20
>concept as it may parallel or complement permaculture as an informal,
>homebrew approach to the technology of land use. It will encompass
>the landscaper's art, the horticulturist's skills and the farmer's
>perseverance and love of the earth.
Ecolandtech, as defined here, feels like the part of permaculture I tend to
hang out in. Although I am very fond of the holistic feel of "culture" as
well.
More Jargon now!

And Marsha wrote the previous day:
>(On analysing , I came up with
>eight Permaculture principles, some of which are not explicit anywhere in
>the literature, but implicit throughout . )
Out with 'em then! Lets see 'em!
historical note: the pc principles in "Intro to Pc", as I understand the
story, are from the teaching & work of Lea Harrison, John Quinney and others,
written up by Rennie Slay.

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)929-7152 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

  • Re: permaculture digest: June 27, 2000, rick valley, 06/28/2000