permaculture - Speaking of Skye....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Speaking of Skye....
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:21:54 -0300

Skye has just moved down to Brazil, on a long-term visit ( six months, at
least...) this is a direct "result" of the Latinamerican Permaculture
Conference... He will be working directly with a good friend and colleague,
Ivone Riquelme, in the state of Mato Grosso, near the Bolivian border,
where she is doing very interesting work with Indians and small farmers...As
of last notice, they plan to buy a piece of land in the region to start a
demonstration farm...

Apparently he now has his manual ( which I can second the vote that it is
excellent!) in Spanish as well as in English... If you can't get it
otherwise, you could order it directly from him-- he should be re-appearing
on this list soon now as Ivone has access to Internet, otherwise via Ivone:
florar@ zaz.com.br

Marsha

> If you havn't got a copy it would be too short notice for this year, but
for next year try getting
> hold of 'Teaching Permaculture Creatively' by Robin Clayfield & Skye
(Australian, Crystal Waters
> connections)- I don't know where you'd get it in the US but here in the UK
Ecologic Books
> distribute it, contact books@eco-logic.demon.co.uk

  • Speaking of Skye...., Marsha Hanzi, 06/20/2000