permaculture - Veggies in natural succession- info?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Veggies in natural succession- info?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:49:13 -0300

> the HDRA heritage seed catalogue 2000 says it could be an ancestor (from
> afghanistan the believed origin of the cultivated carrot

This weekend 8-9 april I will be giving a course on organic gardens, from
the viewpoint of how each vegetable fits into ecologic succession, where it
comes from, its native habitat,etc. I have reasonable information, but
would be most grateful if any of you know of a goldmine of this kind of
information ( where the plants come from, who domesticated them, etc.)

Ernst Gotsch has been working them into his agroforet succession, when he
renews a field, with considerable success. We are interested in creating
permanent systems for vegetables which mock the natural agroforest
succession...

Thanks a lot.

Marsha