permaculture - Re: Zone 6

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Zone 6
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:26:52 -0700

At 06:54 AM 3/22/00 -0800, you wrote:
others wrote:
>I know for a fact that Bill never intended to
>incorporate psychology, politics, or metaphysics into permaculture.

o oh, now what about the chapter on patterns as well as the one on a global nation? if this isn't psychology, poltics, Politics and some metaphysics we clearly have a different definition of these terms.

Listen people: permaculture is very much about edges...any edge will do, especially those edges which tend to stimulate the endocrine functions of humans. Just like any debate-worthy practice, there are conservative approaches, liberal approaches, fanatical approaches, and barely rational approaches...all of which may be appropriate at a given time and/or place.

I take it you tend toward the later two categories.

If people want to practice "Bill Mollison Brand" Permaculture, simply study the sacred texts and/or talk directly with him if you can. Then you will have downloaded from an accredited "father" and can quote him accurately. No need to extend these concepts further then Bill.

Since you insist of taking my words out of context for rhetoric's sake I must correct your seeming lack of comprehension. I stated that before we change the themes covered in Bill's book that we should "think carefully". The thinking part may have been what through you. I didn't say or even intimate that we should slavishly follow the "sacred text" but that we should be careful. What is it with this "father" thing - get some help and get over it!

I believe permaculture, as voiced by Mollison, is way bigger then he or most people have envisioned. It continues beyond where Science can follow, and its poetry is easily recognized when encountered. We're all improvising with basic concepts currently comprehensible to "modern" people, which arise out of ancient sentient earth patterns and traditions seeded on this planet long ago by someone/thing we haven't yet accurately described.

It's comforting that you are ahead of Bill and "most people" in your comprehension of permaculture. I do note your humility in the last sentence.

And don't tell me that this is not true, because you do not know for sure what life on earth is about, and I received this info as direct transmission from Zone 6.

Your attempt at levity belies your arrogance!

Get real!
Scott