permaculture - The Food Forest - website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The Food Forest - website
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:18:07 -0500 (EST)

Ran across this website tonight:

From their homepage:

The Food Forest
Permaculture Farm and Learning Center
http://www.adelaide.net.au/~brookman/
PO Box 859,
Gawler, SouthAustralia, SA 5118
ph/fax 08 85 226450
email brookman@camtech.net.au

The Food Forest was originally developed by Annemarie and Graham Brookman
and their children Tom and Nikki, to demonstrate how an ordinary family, with
a typical Australian income can grow its own food and create a productive
and diverse landscape. Many people began to help with skills and knowledge
handed down from previous generations and others have come up with stunning
new
ideas rooted in a fusion of modern science and a commitment to
sustainability. More than ten of these keen, optimistic people now teach
with us in a team which harnesses University and research experience,
practical hands-on skills and a passion for the future of our landscape
and the Planet. The empowerment of people to understand and work with
natural systems is the most exciting part of working at The Food
Forest. We are committed to the sharing of information through our
courses and field days and at this website you will find some of the
technical information that we have learned in 15 years of sustainable
gardening, farming and building. We welcome information from other
sources and we are keen to link sites with other information
providers; feel free to link this site to yours or to suggest it as a
research address for students.