permaculture - Re: cob design details

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: TMJANDFJB@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: cob design details
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 22:26:56 EST

There was a product I used in SlipperyRock, at there MS3 program. Althought
it is an amazing product to ues for below grade cod and straw bale walls, the
sustainablility and enbodied eneggy levels leave something to be desired.
This product is called "Liquid Glass". It is a clear oderless liquid ude to
fire proof boxes. The chemical make up is well, unknow to me, I belive it is
a silicon based product.

We soaked a bale in the stuff, and barried it in the ground ( with a very
high water table). 2 weeks later we dug it up watter running out of the bale
but there was no visiable break down. Just thought you would like to know.

If you have any questions please write back.
Neo

  • cob design details, Eric Nielsen, 01/02/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: cob design details, TMJANDFJB, 01/02/2000