permaculture - Online CSA listing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Pc Envirolink <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: Online CSA listing
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:24:25 -0500

Hi, Just snagged this off the SANET list and thought it worth sharing.
Keith Johnson

I mentioned the other day that there would be a new listing of CSA's
available soon. Soon is now. Go to http://www.biodynamics.com/usda/ ;
you'll find a current list of several hundred CSA's searchable by state.
It
gives contact information, area served, &c. Many different organizations

supplied their lists of CSA's to the folks at the Alternative Farming
Systems Information Center and the Sustainable Agriculture Network. They

took on the job of contacting some six or seven hundred farms; somewhere

over half responded with updated information. It's my understanding that

followup attempts are being made to contact the others so that the list
is
as complete as possible.

The BDA site is one of four mirror sites where one can access this list,

which is also available at the USDA's Cooperative State Research,
Education, and Extension Service site, http://www.reeusda.gov/csa.html.
The
others include AFSIC's site at
http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/csa/csastate.htm; the SAN site at
http://www.sare.org/san/csa/states.htm and the Robyn Van En Center's
site
at http://www.csacenter.org. All include a fair amount of other perhaps
useful information and seem worth a visit.

At all of these sites there is an on-line form for submitting the
particulars on farms that you know of which should be included. The list

will be updated on some yet to be agreed upon regular basis.

SAN coordinator Andy Clark and I'm sure many other hard-working
individuals
deserve thanks for getting this all together in a pretty short time.

Bruce
begin:vcard
n:Johnson;Keith
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:metalab.unc.edu/pc-activist
org:The Permaculture Activist
adr:;;PO Box 1209;Black Mountain;NC;28711;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:keithdj@mindspring.com
note:URL: metalab.unc.edu/pc-activist
x-mozilla-cpt:;23648
fn:Keith Johnson
end:vcard

  • Online CSA listing, Keith Johnson, 11/19/1999