permaculture - [permaculture] urban permaculture in Australia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Louise Crabtree <lcrabtre@laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [permaculture] urban permaculture in Australia
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:48:18 +1100 (EST)

Dear all

Hello! My name's Louise and I'm a relative newcomer to the list, as well
as to permaculture, although I've been in a slowly decreasing orbit around
it for a few years. I'm living in inner Sydney with my partner, where
we're slowly converting the kikuyu monster that was in the yard into some
form of permaculture. At the moment, we're doing this by ourselves,
which we're not very happy with, so part of the reason I'm posting this is
to get in touch with fellow permaculture people and to invite anyone in
the Sydney area to get in touch - we like excuses to give people some
hospitality and we're very keen to get some advice/friends/reprimands(?).

As well as the backyard extravaganza, I am about to embark on an Honours
thesis regarding how we go about converting idle urban land
(especially land in the hands of institutions such as the SRA/Water
Board) into growing spaces, namely community permaculture gardens.
I'm interested in things like the gardens South Sydney Council are
involved in, as well as anything resembling allotment systems - are there
any in Australia??? What I'm after is stories, contacts, ideas, inspiration,
info,
interested people, whatever, concerning any such projects in urban areas
of Australia.

So hopefully, I will hear something back and find out who some of you
lovelies are. Please, inundate me!

Looking forward to some good conversations.

Louise.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu
leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • [permaculture] urban permaculture in Australia, Louise Crabtree, 03/26/1999