permaculture - Re: IS anyone out there?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: mnkludwig@mailbag.com, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, oliveemily@yahoo.com, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: IS anyone out there?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:42:24 EST

In a message dated 12/19/98 3:42:18 AM, mnkludwig@mailbag.com wrote:

<<Emily et.al.
Perhaps I'm not being clear, I know how to run a dairy, I'm fishing for ideas,
examples and resources beyond my expertise for a workshop to be given to a
broad
range of organic farmers, not just dairy folks.>>

OK Mark:

Looks Iike it is up to me. I paste our one-day workshop outline below and
then explain. I've never liked events shorter than a weekend for presenting
permaculture because a weekend is the smallest period in which I can get a
group some solid experience in working on a design. Since permaculture
requires thinking in another way, it is important for people to at least
experience that way of thinking to communicate what we are talking about.

Here's the outline:

One Day Workshop
Time Event
9-9:30 am Introductions. Discuss format.
9:30-11:30 Introductory slides.