permaculture - Re: IS anyone out there?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Emily St.Clair -olive-" <oliveemily@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: IS anyone out there?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:36:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi, i also did not want to reply to your post either, because i do not
have any interest in dairy, since i am vegan.

anyway, i have been listening to what everyone has to post for a
while, and have not contributed anything, because i was just trying to
find out stuff about permaculture.

But, i want to see if i can get some help here. This spring, my
parents are giving me 1/4 of their garden (which will be about 500 sq.
ft.) to plant whatever i like and however i like. i am a college
student and will be in school over the summer, so will not have a
tremendous amount of time to spend in the garden, but nevertheless, i
am planning on having raised beds and following permaculture
guidelines. I have a book that i am reading right now, called "how to
grow more vegetables... on less land than you ever thought possible"
(or something like that). Anyway, i would like to get some suggestions
on how to start. this book says that compost is a very important step,
but since i am just starting this year, i have no compost, and my
parents are not being helpful, it is really up to me. Also, i want to
record my progress and problems here to see if anyone has any advice,
i need a lot of help!

well, hope to hear from anyone soon.

...olive :)

---"permaculture-mg Conference @ txinfinet.com"

http://www.greenbuilder.com/sourcebook/

> Sustainable Sources: Internet Services with an Environmental
Perspective