permaculture - RE: RUSS (not Ram) pump design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <JohnS@STLabs.com>
  • To: "'permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu'" <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: RUSS (not Ram) pump design
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:02:30 -0800

Aloha,

I'll try and be more clear - I am interested in details on (quote from

"...RUSS pump (manually pumps water from very deep wells or any other
water source at high volume for those not familiar)"

...not ram pumps. It sounds like a RUSS pump is a manual pump that will
help me move water from low to high, whether well or tank...? If it's
easy to make one out of stock PVC items I'd like to get ahold of some
sketches or whatever is out there.

John Schinnerer