permaculture - Yet another angry diatribe

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Eugene F. Monaco" <EFMonaco@compuserve.com>
  • To: "INTERNET:permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu" <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Yet another angry diatribe
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:16:05 -0500

I tend to agree, but offer a few points of enlightenment. First, note that
there are really only a very few souls causing the most of the ruccus.
Most posts are quite pleasant and enlightening. Second, keep in mind that
many of the folks who have pursued permaculture for a long time have
experienced very high levels of frustration with the general apathetic
state of most others, especially the power brokers of the systems of our
economic culture. While it is quite necessary to learn how to deal with
massive amounts of frustration and rejection in order to be successful at
anything, it nevertheless is not the easiest thing to do. While this is a
lame excuse for rudeness, there is some justification for empathy on the
rest of our parts. After all, it's only our very survival that's at stake.
Gene Monaco
in Atlanta,
Born November 5, 1958

Message text written by INTERNET:permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu

As a participant in numerous listserves, I feel compelled to comment that
the
tone of this permaculture list seems overly rude and disrespectful to me.
I'm
not sure I see the point of suggesting that someone has "missed the point"
of
permaculture. I find it insulting, condescending, and rude, especially when
it
comes from one of our teachers. I don't see how it serves the greater good
of
permaculture, this list, or any of us participants to rant on in this
fashion.
If this is some form of imitating Mollison's style, in order to shake us
ignorant folk out of our lethargy, I say, get over it. <