permaculture - re: pressure treated wood

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: gardenbetty@earthlink.net
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: pressure treated wood
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:07:02 -0400

I've just come across another alternative to pressure treated wood while
flipping through an organic farm supply catalog:

A product called Bora-Care is a non-toxic borate-based product that when
properly used can control termites, carpenter ants, powder post beetles, old
house borers, brown rot, white rot and wood decay fungi for up to 40 years.
You paint it, spray it or inject it into bare non CCA wood. It protects only
wood that has been treated and does not poison the soil or the air. It does
not harm beneficials, only those creatures that attempt to eat your
fenceposts.

I saw the product in the Peaceful Valley farm supply catalog though I am sure
it is available elsewhere too.

dawn

  • re: pressure treated wood, gardenbetty, 06/26/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • re: pressure treated wood, gardenbetty, 06/29/1998