permaculture - Re: Anger - Ecofascism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lee Flier <lflier@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Anger - Ecofascism
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:35:15 -0500

Loren wrote:

>That's funny....I've believed, for some years now, that too many movements
>end up losing their positive vision to excessive anger, and instead of
>remaining for something positive, become yet another "anti-something"
movement.

Right. The problem is the "movement" definition - the dogma. And of
course, inappropriate or misplaced anger, which again is not synonymous
with anger.

>Or it tends to force the discussion into oversimplified black-and-white
>terms and thus rob it of its power. Not to mention putting it back into the
>"turf" of the dominant, anti-cooperative culture.

Once again, I said a "good" angry diatribe. And once again, I am
definitely into cooperation but what I am trying to say is that anger
itself does not equate to non-cooperation, or competition. As long as we
can't separate healthy anger from unhealthy anger, we will continue to
equate anger with negative things, and we will continue to express it
inappropriately and/or run from others who express it inappropriately.

= Lee =