permaculture - Re: Better living...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm <YankeePerm@aol.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Better living...
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:21:20 EST

>Hate to be picky and hydrogen and oxygen are normally considered elements, I
>believe. As elements, there are quite fatal in excess. Pure H or O, I prefer
>to avoid as much as many of the combinations (chemicals) which include them.
>Let's start with dioxin and furans as an example. Then maybe we can work our
>way through various combinations such as PVC for amusement and horror so we
>can get adequate doses of chlorine to enhance better living, too.
>
>Don't get me wrong, though. I use PVC for lots of relatively benign
>applications like making flag poles from which to hang lots of prayer flags!
>Something has to work.
>
>Milo Clark
>Berkeley CA USA

Ok, Milo, since you are being picky, elemental hydrogen and elemental oxygen
are not commonly found at conditions on Earth. They bond to themselves to
form Mollecular hdrogen (H2) and mollecular Oxygen (O2) which of course are
less reactive. While they are reactive enough, CO2, relatively no reactive,
can be fatal to people when concentrations exceed 1 percent, or so I have been
led to believe. You might find a pure atmospher of argon fatal, too. So
what?

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. One is now underway. Next Live program: Paraguay, 8/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.