permaculture - Re: Better living...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Milogic@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Better living...
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:06:39 -0500 (EST)

Hate to be picky and hydrogen and oxygen are normally considered elements, I
believe. As elements, there are quite fatal in excess. Pure H or O, I prefer
to avoid as much as many of the combinations (chemicals) which include them.
Let's start with dioxin and furans as an example. Then maybe we can work our
way through various combinations such as PVC for amusement and horror so we
can get adequate doses of chlorine to enhance better living, too.

Don't get me wrong, though. I use PVC for lots of relatively benign
applications like making flag poles from which to hang lots of prayer flags!
Something has to work.

Milo Clark
Berkeley CA USA