permaculture - Re: Armadillos, was Re: Safer soap

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm@aol.com
  • To: loren@wombat.net, owner-permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@listserv.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Armadillos, was Re: Safer soap
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:08:55 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/25/97 12:27:40 AM, loren@wombat.net wrote:

>Hmmm...how about encouraging the alligators to harvest them? If this works,
>perhaps they would then serve as a "trap crop" for the alligators, which
>would then possibly allow you to raise ducks?
>
>Loren,
>who was entirely unaware that armadillos existed in Florida
>--

Armidillos have well defined tastes and encouragement to them takes forms I
can only tremble to try to imagine. I suppose I could slaughter some dogs
and rub the armadillos in their fat, but if I could get close enough to do
that, I wouldn't need help from the alligators.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. One is now underway. Next Live program: Paraguay, 9/98.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.