permaculture - Armadillos, was Re: Safer soap

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@wombat.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.unc.edu
  • Subject: Armadillos, was Re: Safer soap
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:34:40 -0800

At 09:22 AM 11/24/97 -0500, YankeePerm@aol.com wrote:

>Meanwhile, my main pest is a bit larger than a caterpillar. Any ideas on how
>to control, or better to harvest, armadillos?

Hmmm...how about encouraging the alligators to harvest them? If this works,
perhaps they would then serve as a "trap crop" for the alligators, which
would then possibly allow you to raise ducks?

Loren,
who was entirely unaware that armadillos existed in Florida
--
Loren Davidson
loren@wombat.net http://www.batnet.com/beauty/