permaculture - Permaculture training in Thailand

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: wjta@hooked.net (william thornton)
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Permaculture training in Thailand
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 10:13:21 +0700

I'm looking for someone with tropical experience to come and teach a PC
certification course on our 20-acre farm in Central Thailand sometime
between December of this year and April of 1996.

My wife and I want to take the certification and we have some friends in
Thailand that might be interested. I couldn't guarantee a huge crowd, but
I am ready to personally guarantee expenses (economy air, 3* hotel, and
delicious Thai food) + $500/week + tuition from any one else that comes (we
would help with marketing within Thailand).

Our land has never been treated chemically but it is bordered by a canal
that receives runoff from sugar cane and rice fields, by sugar cane fields,
by rice fields, and a fish farm. We are trying to avoid using any canal
water and we are a little higher than the surrounding fields, so I hope we
don't have a chemical problem. The canal seems to support plenty of
aquatic life. I don't know about the ground water. I need some advice
before investing any more in this property. I'd be interested in hiring
someone on a consulting basis, but maybe we can help organize the first
permaculture course in the region at the same time. Any takers? I guess I
will also send this message to the PC institute in Austrailia.

  • Permaculture training in Thailand, william thornton, 05/24/1996