permaculture - Carbondale, IL-query

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rachel Freifelder <rrfreifelder@ucdavis.edu>
  • To: permaculture-mg <permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu>, sanet-mg <sanet-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: Carbondale, IL-query
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 13:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

Friends,

Can anyone tell me anything about the role of organic/sustainable
agriculture in Carbondale, IL and environs? The friends with whom I have
been planning for several years have decided they want to move there, and I
have never been there. Is there a network (organizational or social) of
organic growers? of small farmers in general? Farmers' markets? demand
for organic products? Efforts to preserve farmland/soil? Awareness of CSAs?
Bioregional awareness? Is farmland getting chewed up by urbanization as
it is here in California? Are most extension agents aware of teh concerns
and practices of organic/sustainable agriculture?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Rachel R. Freifelder
Davis, CA

  • Carbondale, IL-query, Rachel Freifelder, 05/15/1996