permaculture - LETS and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ut034@freenet.victoria.bc.ca (Stephen Demeulenaere)
  • To: permaculture-mg@ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: LETS and Permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 17:34:37 -0700

Greetings,

I've only recently subscribed and wish to acquire about participants
of this list who are also involved with the Local Exchange Trading System.
Specifically, I'd like to hear from Permaculture groups using LETS as
an economic, fundraising or trading system for their produce, etc.
The Coalition building between permaculture, organic producers and
the community is slow here, as it may be elsewhere. The Cornucopia Coalition
was formed from many groups interested in sustained economic downturn, world
hunger, social program and
agriculture program cuts by the government, etc.
As admin. coordinator of Victoria LETS, I proposed to the group to
use LETS as a vehicle for fundraising for the coalition and its projects, and
as a community trading system.

Are there any groups out there working on similar projects.?

Stephen DeMeulenaere
Greater Victoria LETS Registry
Victoria, Vancouver Island, Cascadia, BC,
Casb Canada, that is!

--
Greater Victoria LETS Registry
Stephen DeMeulenaere, admin.coordinator

  • LETS and Permaculture, Stephen Demeulenaere, 05/29/1995