permaculture - educational visit

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rachel Freifelder <rrfreifelder@ucdavis.edu>
  • To: permaculture-mg <permaculture-mg@twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: educational visit
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:58:49 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I am a grad student at UC Davis, studying sustainable agriculture
and systems design. Does anyone know of any permaculture/biodynamic
farms or similar integrated operations that welcome short-term visitors
interested in seeing how they work, or, even better, that are interested
in someone undertaking some kind of agronomic study of their farm? I am
trying to develop ways to audit for "sustainability", including soils,
water quality, energetics, nutrient cycling, interaction with natural
systems; I'm hoping that these audits would be useful to people striving
for sustainability.

I'm especially interested in communities, and obviously would be most
able to visit places within California or southern Oregon.
Any leads would be appreciated.

Rachel Read Freifelder
Department of Vegetable Crops
University of California, Davis
(916)753-3039

  • educational visit, Rachel Freifelder, 02/22/1995