permaculture - Re: Alfred Korzybski ad nauseum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Alfred Korzybski ad nauseum
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:28:30 -0500

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:26:51 -0500 (EST), "S.K. Harrison"
<skh23ca@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Korzybski's masterwork is titled Science and
>Sanity: An Introduction to Non-aristotelian
>Systems and General Semantics. A dense volume
>with 800 pages of small type, he loaded it with
>material from the sciences of his time, including
>classical and quantum physics, colloidal
>chemistry, calculus and other higher math,
>neurology, psychiatry, epistemology, education,
>history of philosophy and much else.
>
>In the early 20th century, he synthesized into a
>system observations from the latest data of these
>sciences, declared the result "a unified science
>of man" [genderism noted], and named this system
>general semantics.

>I could blather on forever about this stuff--it
>turns my crank even more than pc. If my
>description has stimulated your interest,
>Lawrence, I encourage you to investigate it
>before you do even one more thing.

Thanks very much for this fine intro! I have looked at your links and
also did a search on Google and will build a new page containing most
of the references I came across (stopped for lunch after 4 of many
pages of hits on Google) and will add this to my permaculture
collection:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/permaculture-page.html
as:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/general-semantics-links.html

You might be interested in my collection on
Edwards Deming and Buckminster Fuller:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/bf-ed.html

Future pages will cover:

Emergy (an invention of the ecologist Howard T. Odom)
[[ http://dieoff.org/page170.htm ]]
[[ http://www.google.com/search?q=emergy&btnG=Google+Search ]]
Ecological Engineering
http://www.google.com/search?q=ecological+engineering&btnG=Google+Search
Constructed Wetlands
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/constructed-wetlands.txt
Soil
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/soil-page.html
Remineralization:
http://remineralize-the-earth.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/orgfarm/remineralization/remineralization.selected-writings

Other topics of interest, among many, covered in depth by Steve Diver
at Attra:
beneficial soil microorganisms
aquaponics
phenology
http://ncatark.uark.edu/~steved/

Dr. Elaine Ingham's Soil Foodweb
http://www.soilfoodweb.com/index.html

Steve Solomon's Soil and Health Library:
http://www.soilandhealth.org/index.html

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • Re: Alfred Korzybski ad nauseum, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/24/2001