permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: New Opportunities and FREE Stuff: Highest Referral Programs Out There!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: New Opportunities and FREE Stuff: Highest Referral Programs Out There!
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:48:10 -0500

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:07:07 -0800, "Roger Ellison"
<thornbushdesign@jetcity.com> wrote:
>prevent it in the future?
>>> I'll fix that - its just a list config problem.
>>It has just been fixed.

>Larry, is it possible to screen GMO postings from the list also?

Mail filtering based on matching text strings would probably
not be accurate enough for us as many desired posts could
get nuked and undesired ones might get through.
I do not know if the list software will even do this - I will look
at the documentation.

A sure fire way to deal with GMO posts follows. We could
come to consensus about doing it this way if that is what we want
or find some other method.

:-)

Note to subscribers of this Permaculture forum:

--->>>> This Is Just a Test <<<<----

Posts about GMO are hereby banned from this list.
Those sending posts on this subject will be politely
requested not to continue doing so; further posts
will result in the user being unsubscribed from the list;
posts continued after this will result in the user being
permanently locked out of the list.

<><> end of test <><>

Is this method really necessary?
I, myself, hate seeing the GMO stuff here,
it is totally out of place, imho. Shall we informally
remind users not to post on this subject and have
me unsub them after a time if they do. The
alt.permaculture newsgroup was/is nearly obliterated
with personal, political, GMO, etc, etc. stuff;
the ratio of PC posts to those on other topics is way too low for my
tastes. I'd rather have a low traffic list with high quality
permaculture information exchange and discussion.

What is the consensus? Do we want to ban GMO?
Unsub or ban users who post on this? Or just post
a polite reminder and hope for the best?

I know that I need to create a list faq or usage guide
specifying subjects that are considered innapropriate;
I'll try to get around to this RSN.

Lawrence
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: [permaculture] Re: New Opportunities and FREE Stuff: Highest Referral Programs Out There!, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/17/2000