percy-l - Re: [percy-l] [External] Re: The Last Gentleman

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <honeyjbc AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] [External] Re: The Last Gentleman
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 23:31:14 +0000 (UTC)

That was one of the reasons scholars didn't approve of Aunt Emily. Religious readers of Percy did not condone her taking Binx away from religion.

Percy has a way, as I said of making his readers use their prejudices to judge situations and characters.

How he might laugh if he saw how many readers missed his point. Including me, I'm sure.

But I think I still get the major point.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 6:18 PM, Beck, David A