percy-l - [percy-l] "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life"

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Jim Forest <jhforest AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life"
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 18:39:33 +0200

My appreciation of the novels and essays of Walker Percy drew me to Doug Brown's book, "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life". Once I started reading,  it was hard to pull away from either Brown's memoir or the philosophical reflections that are sandwiched between autobiographical chapters. Brown is as gifted story-teller as he is a connoisseur of beer. Highy recommended.

Jim Forest

  • [percy-l] "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life", Jim Forest, 07/28/2021