percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Ernest Hutton <ehutton AT huttonassociates.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 10:42:56 -0400

Hazel Motes (in Flannery O’Connor’s Wise Blood), searches for God by railing against organized religion. But in doing so, he prophesizes the authoritarian end-state pushed by today’s cancel culture:  ‘Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it.’

O’Connor had it right, and is now a victim of her own perspicacity. This reign of terror is destroying us all!

Ernie Hutton

Sent from my iPhone
Ernest W Hutton Jr. FAICP Assoc AIA
Hutton Associates Inc.