percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: kevin keough <kevinkeough710 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>, "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 03:12:41 -0400

Well, I'm all for people speaking their minds.   That said, hurling an accusation that O'Connor is racist, is uninformed lunacy run amok.  A group has a right and responsibility to maintain integrity, good relations with others,  spreading gossip, or sharing some big agenda that has nothing to do with the group.  I'm pretty quiet here but when it comes to Percy and O'Connor  I think it's important to protect the group from trolls and contrarians.
 And it isn't evidence of racism if the accuser gets shown to the doot with a reasonable explanation.  People, groups of all sorts are running into pretty effective trolls.

Probably most of us are older---60 yo here-so we don't quite get when we are being punked or messed with.  Everything returns to normal after the troll is sent on his way with the Grace of God.  Next thing they'll pull no punches proving Percy was racist as they come.

Why allow some crazy disruption caused by some lunatic contaminate the group?

Protecting sacred spaces -very different from *same spaces*   is essential.  We have no right to be overcome by trolls,

My two cents with hope for all good things to be coming your way.

Kevin
Kevin L. Keough Psy.D.
215 South Bancroft Parkway
Wilmington, Delaware 19805