percy-l - [percy-l] An inquiry into Allison

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Lauren Berdy <lauren.stacy.berdy AT gmail.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] An inquiry into Allison
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 09:17:07 -0400

From the beginning I was always fascinated by Allison ( The Second Coming)
I realize now that Percys found words, the very tools, to signify
Words Not persuaded in anyway by her past
She wasn’t becoming anything
She was present tense itself
What does it mean to live outside time?
Percy was interested in Merton
And T Merton was terribly interested in breaking thru time in his mind
We find Allison in the field of rationality
And then Tom met her there .they met their centers
No illusions
What a story

Sent from my iPad

  • [percy-l] An inquiry into Allison, Lauren Berdy, 06/07/2019