percy-l - [percy-l] "Love in the Ruins" - Proposed Plan for Slow Reading Discussion

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] "Love in the Ruins" - Proposed Plan for Slow Reading Discussion
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:30:48 -0400

Rhonda,

Thank you for your leadership in proposing a plan for a "Slow Reading Discussion" of Love in the Ruins.  All of us can be sure to find this a great opportunity for spirited and respectful discussion in our community as you have outlined.  I, as I know all on the list do, look forward to learning the consensus of the group and welcoming with appreciation those who are willing to volunteer in initiating discussion of each section.

For those not familiar with LITR, the following is the book description found on the back of the Picador edition:

"Dr. Tom More is the creator of the Ontological Lapsometer, a kind of stethoscope of the human soul. With it, he embarks on an unforgettable odyssey to cure mankind's spiritual malaise. Ultimately, he begins to understand what he can never really know —  the value of life and its susceptibility to chance and ruin."

Kindle, hard copy, and paperback versions are available on Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Ruins-Walker-Percy/dp/0312243111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403892183&sr=8-1&keywords=Love+in+the+Ruins

Sincerely,

Henry Mills
Percy-L Manager