percy-l - [percy-l] What were Walker Percy's favorite films?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "John E. Riley" <jeriley AT uark.edu>
  • To: "percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] What were Walker Percy's favorite films?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 00:45:31 +0000

Does anyone on this list have information on this question and care to
divulge?
It seems to me that Percy took films seriously even though as an art form
they usually disappointed him?
I recall in one of his interviews he alluded to the films "Ordinary People"
and "Breaking Away." I have always considered the latter film a minor
classic, but not many people saw it.
I think an interesting study would be how film influenced Percy's fictional
techniques--Lewis Lawson
may have done some work in that area.
Any information would be appreciated.
Cheers!