percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Re Lit Crit on Percy - Where to Start?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Eckert, Robert G SPC MIL USA FORSCOM" <robert.g.eckert AT us.army.mil>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Re Lit Crit on Percy - Where to Start?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:45:26 -0600

Jim is right, of course.

Scientists like Dr. Ken Alibek, M.D. who developed bioweapons for the Soviet
Union are good people.

I would still argue that the sort of killer who would use an agent like small
pox in an attack is not the same type of killer as a soldier who engages
insurgents firing on a convoy just hit by an i.e.d..

The insurgent or the soldier may be your hero.

But, who could have as their hero, who could conceive any possible good in
the use of a deadly contagious disease to indiscriminately inflict harm?

CPL Robert Eckert