percy-l - Re: [percy-l] "American Dream"

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Lawrence Rhu" <rhul AT gwm.sc.edu>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] "American Dream"
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:30:36 -0400

Jim--

Pity indeed. I take your point without any comfort to offer. The crisis in
humanities publishing continues, and university presses have had to take
drastic measures to survive. Of course, these include such prohibitively
high prices, more limited printings, fewer paperbacks at least vaguely in the
purchasable range, etc. Still, I am pleased that you express some interest.
Thanks.

Larry

Lawrence F. Rhu
Associate Professor of English and Comparative Literature
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Tel: 803 777 0144
Fax: 803 777 9064
Email: rhul AT sc.edu

>>> JHForest AT cs.com 07/04/06 6:13 AM >>>
>> The pleasure and satisfaction of having a new book just out have
irresistibly combined with the easy availability of an appropriate listserv
and a "hard
url" to make advertising its recent publication almost effortless. As you may
recall, I have previously mentioned the presence of Percy and especially The
Movigoer in my book as a matter of possible interest for subscribers to this
list. So here it is, just a click away (with my sincere apologies for the
price). <<
>> http://www.cas.sc.edu/engl/faculty/faculty_pages/rhu/cavell.html

What a fine title and inviting cover! But what a pity that it costs so much.
I fear this will put it beyond the budget of many who might have wished to
buy
a copy, myself included.

Jim Forest

* * *
Jim and Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5 / 1811 GJ Alkmaar / The Netherlands
tel: (31)(72) 511 2545
Jim's e-mail: jhforest AT cs.com (alternative address: jhforest AT gmail.com)
Nancy's e-mail: forestflier AT cs.com (alternative address:
forestflier AT gmail.com)
Jim and Nancy Forest web site: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/
Forest-Flier Editorial Services: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/ffes/
Jim's photo web site: www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/sets/