percy-l - Re: [percy-l] hurricanes

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: dabeck AT iupui.edu
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>, dabeck AT iupui.edu
  • Cc: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] hurricanes
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 23:16:29 -0500

PS I sent before finishing. I don't think that the slow reaction was related
to race either. But I do wonder if such a tragedy happened at Martha's
Vineyard, if would we have been so slow to react (and I do think that the
federal government was slow to react)?
On the other hand, I'm tired and don't want to be held accountable for what
say. These are just some random thoughts in the midst of a tragedy that is
hard to understand. After all, it's the first time we have seen in our own
land what it's like to live in a 3rd world country.
Time to go to bed.
-David

Quoting dabeck AT iupui.edu: