percy-l - Re: [percy-l] (no subject)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: dabeck AT iupui.edu
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>, J Rivas-Pita <juliorivas AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:46:44 -0500

Mr. Rivas-Pita,
You wrote,
<if you have some intellectual and moral integrity, do respond to my
arguments
and do not resort to the fascist-style practice of calling me names (à la
Joe McCarthy, if you happen to know who he was -it depends on how old
you are or how much you know about XXth century American politics.>

I probably don't have the moral integrity of you, but I do know American
history. But who called you names?? I'm guessing that this posting is
directed
toward mine, but when did I call you a "name"? (The answer is probably as
elusive as the connection of your postings to Percy is, but I was just
wondering, since you accused me of being guilty of the "fascist-style
practice
of calling [you] names", if you can give me one name that I called you in my
posting.)
Just wondering.