percy-l - RE: [percy-l] Are there any WP events or news?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: <Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] Are there any WP events or news?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:08:30 -0700

I would say it was a category of modern life or lifestyle on which Percy
did not expend too much consciousness. But I'm sure somewhere in his
writings he made a gamey crack or two about homosexuals, or offered up
what might be seen as an "insensitive portrayal". It doesn't take much
these days to be qualified as a "phobe" of one sort or another in some
people's minds.

Cheers, R. Pauley